Friday, August 17, 2007

Back from vacation

WARNING: This blog entry was imported from my old blog on blogs.sun.com (which used different blogging software), so formatting and links may not be correct.


I just came back from a wonderful week in Hawaii, on the big island. The highlight was obviously our wedding. We had planned to get married on August 14th, on the beach at sunset, but because of Hurricane Flossie most beaches were scheduled to close. It didn't turn out to be a problem - we just got married a day earlier. It was a wonderful moment and we were thrilled to have our children there to be part of it. And obviously the rest of the vacation was great too - how can you go wrong with volcanoes (both the world's most active volcano, Kilauea, and the world's largest volano, Mauna Loa), waterfalls, snorkeling over coral reefs with turtles and tropical fish, and ....
piña coladas ?



It will take me a few days to get the sand out of my shoes, the tropical air out of my sun hat and get through my huge inbox. Apologies to those of you waiting for some sort of response from me!
















No comments:

Post a Comment