Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

WARNING: This blog entry was imported from my old blog on blogs.sun.com (which used different blogging software), so formatting and links may not be correct.


My music teacher in middle school had a great tradition. Every New Years Eve, at midnight, he would lift his stereo speakers up to his open windows, and on full blast, play ABBA's "Happy New Year" for the neighborhood.



I'm going to do the same thing here, on my little corner of the internet. Enjoy!








My kids have recently discovered ABBA through the Mamma Mia movie. Now they want to listen
to ABBA when we're driving around. No, don't pity me - it's a lot better than what they usually
want to listen to (I'm looking at you, Hannah Montana!). And besides, having grown up
in Norway I'm an ABBA fan at heart. When I was in 4th grade, all the girls in my class
liked ABBA, all the boys in my class liked Kiss, and then there was me - I sided with
the girls. And I'm still not ashamed of it. Despite some of their ridiculous outfits,
ABBA created some timeless melodies and had great sound production values that hold
up to this day.


No comments:

Post a Comment