Tuesday, May 12, 2009

...at least my house didn't burn down!

WARNING: This blog entry was imported from my old blog on blogs.sun.com (which used different blogging software), so formatting and links may not be correct.

As I was working yesterday my laptop felt kinda wobbly. I didn't think too much about it. But it started getting annoying. I lifted the laptop and looked under it to make sure my laptop wasn't accidentally sitting on top of a USB cable or something like that. Nope.

A little while later I was getting really annoyed - so I flipped the computer all the over to see what was up. And to my surprise my battery was completely warped. It looks like it had "exploded" sometime this weekend. Check out how warped it is:

A couple of years ago one of my Apple power supplies would make humming noices now and then, and one day I happened to be looking at it when it shot some sparks! Luckily I had a floor mat so any previous sparks hadn't ignited the carpet. I got that adapter replaced. But I'm definitely thankful neither incident caused fires!

No comments:

Post a Comment