Saturday, June 25, 2005

It's Out!!

WARNING: This blog entry was imported from my old blog on blogs.sun.com (which used different blogging software), so formatting and links may not be correct.








Creator 2 Early Access is now available. I'll be showing it at NetBeans Day tomorrow and several times during JavaOne this week, so if you're coming to the conference you'll have plenty of chances to see it and find out what we've been up to. The rest of you should download the bits and start reporting bugs, feature requests and anything else we should know about.



I'm taking off in a few minutes to head in to San Francisco and will spend the whole week there for JavaOne. I hope to meet many of you after some of the talks or by the Creator booth in the pavillion -- I don't have booth duty but will stop by several times and observe the action and hopefully strike up interesting conversations as in previous years.



I'm bringing a digital camera so hopefully I can get network access and blog occasionally from the conference!


3 comments:

  1. Corneil du PlessisJuly 7, 2005 at 9:01 PM

    I have come across a problem with EA in that the JSP Designer seems to go dumb. When dragging a component onto the canvas it changes the cursor to no entry sign. Then I right click on component and select add to page, it then reports cannot drop components on plain HTML Forms. The page is a brand new JSP Page. I have also noticed that the GridLayout cannot be selected only FlowLayout is selected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get the Table in your Creator 2 screenshot to display both arrows and text?
    I can only get it to display arrows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Corneil - I missed your original comment until I looked at the blog entry page just now (I was on vacation). Do you still have the problem?
    Hi Jacob - which arrows & text are you referring to in the table? Sorting headers? Paging buttons? I'm a little confused.

    ReplyDelete