WARNING: This blog entry was imported from my old blog on blogs.sun.com (which used different blogging software), so formatting and links may not be correct.
As of 20 minutes ago, NetBeans 6.0 entered high resistance, meaning that from this point on, only critical "showstopper" bugs will be addressed. We're spinning a release candidate in a a week, and after repeating that once or twice, NetBeans 6.0 will be done!
It's been a long sprint getting to this point, including last minute bug fixing. We took the kids to the waterfront in Berkeley yesterday where they had a blast with bugs while I blasted bugs (see picture on the left).
My e-mail inbox has been suffering the last couple of months. On the right is a snapshot of the sidebar in my Mail tool - the numbers listed next to each folder is the number of unread mail in that folder... As you can see, the number of unread mails addressed directly to me is a lot lower than in other categories (such as commit bug report mails) but even there I'm a bit behind.
Now that 6.0 is winding down I can hopefully catch up on some of it - and apologies to those of you with e-mails in that pile. At least you know it's not a personal insult!
Let's get to some Ruby screenshots. One thing I fixed this week was some bugs around the "Open Type" dialog (Ctrl-O, or Command-O on the Mac). I finally made "CamelCase" navigation work properly not just for classes but for module qualifiers as well, so if you for example want to open
ActionController::Base, just type
If you had typed
AV instead it would have shown
ActionView instead of
ActionController, and so on.
Another thing I fixed is the ability to specify a specific method in a class - just use "
#" as in rdoc to specify
Class#method, or omit the class to search across all classes. Let's jump to methods starting with
rend such as Rails'
Or how about the to_xml methods - but only in modules that start with "A":
You can also use wildcards. Here's all methods that contain
load somewhere in the name:
P.S. There are still some bugs around being able to use camel case and regexps when filtering methods - I'll address those in the first update release.