Thursday, December 2, 2004

More Rendering Work

WARNING: This blog entry was imported from my old blog on blogs.sun.com (which used different blogging software), so formatting and links may not be correct.


I spent some more time on the XHTML/CSS layout engine in the designer.
One area I was mistreating badly was floating boxes, especially inside
tables - and this comes up more often than you'd think because the
align=left|right attribute in HTML is implemented using floating
boxes. I've fixed that now and as a result some more page tests
are looking better, as you can see in the screenshots below.



The Apple page still isn't looking good because I haven't implemented
the deprecated <center> tag and it looks like they're relying
on it, just like Google does, to center block formatted tags. Sigh.
I was thinking I could simulate it with CSS margin: 0 auto,
but unfortunately margins don't inherit by default so a simple alias won't
work.














screenshot



screenshot



screenshot



screenshot


No comments:

Post a Comment