Friday, August 5, 2005

NetBeans versus Eclipse!!

WARNING: This blog entry was imported from my old blog on blogs.sun.com (which used different blogging software), so formatting and links may not be correct.


There's no better way to get attention than with a subject like that!
There's a new JavaCast podcast out. This is a new "weekly radio program" on
Java and what's happening in the Java world. If you have iTunes, or other podcasting software, it's trivial to subscribe
to the weekly feek - just follow the links from
the JavaCast page.
Of course, you can just listen to the MP3 file directly.



So why did I use such a controversial subject for this blog entry?



In this week's JavaCast, I'm the interview subject. One of the things I talk about is the "IDE war" - addressing
why I don't think NetBeans should give up just because Eclipse have signed up so many partner companies.
Other things I address is Class Library Development versus Component Based Development, I talk about my observation
that many server-side framework pundits seem to have tools phobia, and of course I talk a bit about AJAX and about Creator.









1 comment:

  1. Interesting comments (good to hear your voice) and... what an awesome program! It's as new and revolutionary as blogging about Creator and NetBeans, etc.

    ReplyDelete