Saturday, July 26, 2008

Screenshot of the Week #31: Python, Groovy

WARNING: This blog entry was imported from my old blog on blogs.sun.com (which used different blogging software), so formatting and links may not be correct.


In my language support blog entry last week I talked briefly about the PHP, Python and Scala work going into 6.5. That's not an exclusive list. We're also adding Groovy support, and it's making great progress. Martin Adamek is posting status updates on his blog; here's Groovy instant rename in action:






The Python work is making good progress too. Here's code completion now for methods and classes, with integrated documentation support:






Here's another screenshot: Python quickfixes:






Anyway, I'm going on "vacation" now for a few weeks. I put that in quotes because I'm moving, and honestly, packing, cleaning and moving is hard work. Coding, now that's fun. I can't wait for my real vacation to start when I get back to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment