Thursday, September 8, 2005

First Day of School II

WARNING: This blog entry was imported from my old blog on blogs.sun.com (which used different blogging software), so formatting and links may not be correct.





It's been a very hectic week in my personal life. This week school started - my daughter in first grade, my youngest son in preschool, and my oldest son in kindergarten. He's in the picture on the right outside his new classroom - the same room his sister had last year.



It was a nightmare balancing the equations such that they're all taken care of from 8 until 5 every day. School only runs until 2:35 (first grade) and 11:20 (kindergarten) so I had to find an after-school program right next to the school - and the school-provided one isn't available for kindergarteners. And of course the after school programs won't take preschoolers.



Filling out all the paperwork was a Dostoyevskian effort. For each child there was form upon form, all asking the same information over and over again. Whatever happened to the paperless office? Reducing red-tape? There's definitely an opportunity here!



(First Day Of School I)



No comments:

Post a Comment