Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Chat Review

WARNING: This blog entry was imported from my old blog on blogs.sun.com (which used different blogging software), so formatting and links may not be correct.


Thanks for tuning in to the chat this morning.
There were lots of questions so I typed as quickly as I could for the whole hour. Well I shouldn't
say the whole hour - I spent some time trying to log back in. Apologies to those of you who also got
kicked out and had to log back in.



The transcript will be posted in a few weeks and I'll post a link to it when that happens.



Quite a few of the questions were future oriented -- "when will you support feature X", "are you working
on Y", etc. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to answer questions like that - as a policy we don't
discuss products that are not yet shipping - both for legal reasons (if we plan to do something and
make a public "promise" and then the plan changes we get in trouble) and for obvious marketing reasons - you don't get a lot of press on product launch if your announcement is mostly old news...



I did promise to post a blog on how to do a generic menu in a Creator application, as a follow-up to my
tabs blog. I'll do that this weekend.



Interacting with customers is a real kick for me. I hope many of you can come to JavaOne this year. If you do,
stop by our booth and introduce yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment